Contact

Please feel free to contact me at sealedb3am@gmail.com. If you want the post of your vehicle removed, just ask.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

1984 Ford EXP

Another "sporty" car that never was. Lots of sharp angles, smooth looking surfaces, but the taillights look like they were stolen from a Chrysler Laser. Somehow the stylist couldn't see how ugly the headlight treatment was. Which makes it all the more delightful. Ah the foibles of car company executives.

Still, they did a nice job of integrating the front side marker into the dent strip. The shape of the light blue paint on the front fenders suggests a sleek aerodynamic profile buried under the clunky design.

3 comments :

Unknown said...

Love those cars

Anonymous said...

Can someone tell me where this was? This was the same car down to the paint I had when I was 16 and have been looking to buy and restore for the last 15 years. My grandpa owned and when he passed I received it. Then

Tony S said...

This car was outside of one of those little car repair shops. It is on Quebec St, a place called John & Murray Motors. If you look on Google Street View, it is still there, exactly where I found it - or at least it was there when Google went by a year ago.