Contact

Please feel free to contact me at sealedb3am@gmail.com. If you want the post of your vehicle removed, just ask.

Friday, November 29, 2019

1969 Mercury Marquis Brougham

3 comments :

Richard said...

I love picture seven. I like the way the way the side of trunk looks. In some ways it’s a mean looking car

Anonymous said...

This was our family Truckster when I was a young teenager. '69 Mercury Marquis hardtop 429 2 barrel. The seal between the front and rear windows would separate at speed and the car was made of steel that rusted through just by looking at it. Amazing this one has survived in Vancouver. Ours disintegrated in the BC interior withing 15 years.

Tony S said...

Yeah I don't think car companies really care once they had your money. People were also quicker to replace their cars to "keep up with the Joneses". Social pressure doesn't necessarily make sense, but it was (and is) real. This was probably promoted by the automakers. Hence little appearance changes every year, so you could just look at a car and know that it was not "new".

This one might be an "import" from California or Arizona.