Contact

Please feel free to contact me at sealedb3am@gmail.com. If you want the post of your vehicle removed, just ask.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

1962 Ford Galaxie 500

Hardtops have a peculiar appeal. That long unsupported section of roof and the empty space beneath it says "look at me and how powerful I am".

When I saw that "ornament" on the grille I thought it had just been added in an attempt to be ironic. After only a little research, it appears original.

I'm guessing this car used to be painted red or white. At least when the matte fad is over it can be restored. I love the scratched steering wheel, and the way the transmission lever and shaft are left (dangerously?) exposed next to the steering column, the way the front wheel arch rises just a bit too close to the arrow straight trim, and is embraced by the side sculpting which flows back from the outside headlight.

1 comment :

Jim O'Neal said...

Old cars can be so awesome. I love the interior of this car. It is rad. The color accents are my favorite. There are many different older cars, but I love old Ford cars. They are such a part of American history. There are so many different Ford cars that are just classics.

Stan @ Jim O'Neal Ford